Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Springtime Getaway to Serenbe

Serenbe Farms

Last weekend, my husband and I had the rare opportunity to spend a Saturday by ourselves. We choose to head down to a small community just south of Atlanta, called Serenbe. The community is a quiet place, tucked way out in the rural country side. The founders, Marie and Steve Nygren, started Serenbe as a bed & breakfast and expanded it to include beautiful craftsman style homes, an old town main street, fabulous restaurants, a spa, a sustainable farm, riding stable, and so much more. 

My husband and I headed down late morning and started our day walking along the main street and checking out the home decor stores and beautiful houses. We then stopped by The Blue Eyed Daisy Bakeshop and had a wonderful lunch, including some of their award winning cupcakes. Next up was the Serenbe Spa for some massages and pedicures. Our day was amazing and we were quite spoiled by the scenery and atmosphere. 

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. 


Serenbe Farms



Serenbe Farms


Serenbe Farms

Serenbe Farms

Serenbe Farms

Check out that yellow front door! ::Swoon:: All of the houses at Serenbe were unique and beautiful. I kept stopping to take pictures and drool over hydrangeas. I think my husband was worried people might start thinking I want to move in! I swear, I stood in front of an 8 foot tall hydrangea bush for 15 minutes trying to figure out how they got it to grow that tall. I almost knocked on the owner's door to ask. No shame!

Serenbe Farms

Serenbe Farms

Serenbe Farms

Serenbe Farms
 
The flowers were just amazing this time of year. It made me really miss having a yard and being able to get out and plant. Having a tiny balcony at a condo just isn't the same!

We had a fantastic afternoon "get away" at Serenbe and I highly recommend it! They also have a bed & breakfast and a few fabulous restaurants that have gotten great reviews if you want to make a weekend of it. 

~Jen 

*I was not compensated in any way for this post. My views and opinions are my own. In fact, Serenbe doesn't even know I exist. :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I was so jealous when I saw that picture last weekend! I want to see Jenny and George pictures too! Love, Danielle

    ReplyDelete